The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) today announces that it will host an ‘Ask The Experts’ advice centre throughout International Confex March 19th to 21st 2013.
Situated on the ABPCO stand, the 45 minute pre-bookable one-to-one sessions will enable delegates to tap into expertise on a range of industry topics from experienced, specialist ABPCO members.
The ABPCO members that will be contributing to the sessions and the topics they will be discussing are as follows:
· Increasing delegate numbers and revenue - Working with the Convention Bureaux - Scott Taylor, Chief Executive of the Glasgow City Marketing Bureau
· Increasing revenue for your Association Meeting - Michael Foreman, former ABPCO Chair
· Third party ISO 20121 status - Dirk Pittaway, Operations Director and Deputy CEO at Manchester Central
· Event Insurance - Making sure you have appropriate event insurance in place to protect your event from unforeseen circumstances - Marion Rankin, Appointed Representative of Hiscox Event Insurance
· How to win your bid to host your international association congress - Barbara Blow, Division Director at TFI Meeting Point
· Finding Event Success in an Interactive World - web, social and mobile - Alex Rolfe, Event Solution Sales Manager at Cvent
· Venue finding and event marketing– Site selection and inspections, finding sponsors and engaging the right speaker - Mike Lyon, Director at Write-Style Communications
· Event budgeting and financial management – Kate Sargent, Senior Events Manager at BioScientifica Ltd.
ABPCO Chair Jennifer Jenkins commented: 'I am very pleased that we are able to offer a platform for the expertise of our members to be shared with their peers. The association membership includes some of the most prominent PCOs and industry professionals working in the meetings market and we hope that International Confex delegates will make the most of this unique opportunity to tap into their knowledge and experience.
'Our association theme for 2013 is ‘Going for Growth’ and we hope that the advice centre will be beneficial to industry professionals looking to develop and grow their business by providing useful insight and advice. I personally look forward to welcoming delegates on the ABPCO stand and introducing them to our members.'
There will be five sessions available on the 19th and 20th March, with a remaining three sessions on 21st March. A limited number of appointments may be made available on the day on a first-come-first-served basis, but it is advised that bookings are made early by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment.
Additional sessions may be added closer to the time, details of which will be announced via the news section of the ABPCO website.